Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mother Nature, Really?

There are so many things to accomplish on the weekend and you decide to dump these bursts of torrential rain on our parade. We have vegetable flats that really need to be planted, a table that needs to reassembled on the deck. Mom really isn't pleased with the direction this day has taken. Or me for that matter, I was really hoping to sprawl across the patio stone and take an afternoon snooze.

I have to admit I'm very pleased with the color choices Mom selected for our yard. We have pink petunias and these purple and white look like pinwheels petunias and candy striped geraniums. Last year, we were all about yellow. I'm all about change after all life is too damn short to have it be boring!

I was a bit worried when I overhear the parental units talking about what pet they almost added to our family today. I cannot believe they were considering a ball python. Seriously, I worry about our parental units. Were they thinking I would catch mice to feed this slithering creature? Or even worse frozen mice in our freezer with our cat treats? Yes, Mom keeps our treats in the freezer. All I can think of is that snake slithering across the floor and snuggling against me in the night. Thank goodness they came to their senses.

No comments:

Post a Comment